|Village:||Velas (Dist. Ratnagiri)|
Velas, well known Turtle destination of Maharashtra. Typical Konkani village hosts annual turtle festival in co-ordination with Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra, Chiplun & Forest Department. Join us to witness these little turtles leave the coast to endure ocean life. Watch little beauties, birds, serene beach & enjoy delicious local cuisine.
- Witness the little turtle babies crawl their first steps towards a journey called life.
- Enjoy a typical Konkani Village.
- Delicious authentic local cuisine.
- Enjoy serene beaches
- Visit Historical Bankot Fort and Harihareshwar Temple.
- Traveling from Mumbai to Mumbai by private AC vehicle
- Entry Fees and Forest/ Gram Panchayat Charges
- Ferry charges and Harihareshwar temple entry fees
- Homestay with bedding (Non Ac)
- Saturday - Breakfast, Lunch, Evening tea/ coffee. Dinner (veg/ Non Veg)
- Sunday - Breakfast, Lunch, Evening tea/ coffee
- Personal expenses of any kind viz. packaged water bottles, Soft drinks, Laundry, etc.
- Any kind of insurance.
- Tips, Local Sightseeing and anything which is not specifically mentioned in the cost inclusions.
- Any kind of refund for unutilised tour plan services.
- Additional Expenses/ cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay caused by reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Land Slides, Floods etc.), any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, evacuation costs, flight cancellation, etc.
- Any other tax or service charge, stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be extra and need to be borne by Participants.
- Any service not specifically mentioned in the INCLUSIONS.
- The tour dates planned according to information provided by volunteers however, Turtle sighting is a natural phenomenon and its matter of chance.
- Velas Turtle Festival is an ecotourism event that emphasises conservation and local culture. Do not expect separate rooms/ hotel kind accommodation.
- For safety & security measures, swimming at beach is strictly prohibited
Cancellation & Refund Policy
If for some reason you wish to cancel your trek/ event then an email intimation needs to be sent to “email@example.com”. Cancellation requests are not taken over phone, however you can phone to check whether your cancellation has been processed.
- In case if participant cancelled booking before 15 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will get a refund of 50%.
- In case if participant cancelled booking between 14 to 8 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will get a refund of 25%.
- In case if a participant is unable to join a trek/event at last moment or cancelled booking in less than 8 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will not get any refund.
- No Refund or Compensation for any changes on the ongoing event.
- No Refund of any kind for unutilised tour plan services.
- A refund will be given after 15 days of completion of the trek /event.
- We owns (or reserve) the right to apply cancellation charges; if the trek/ event cancelled before leaving for the trek/ event by any reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Heavy Rains, Storms, Landslides, Floods, and Pandemic, etc.) or any unforeseen incidents like road accidents, public transport cancellation/ failure, Government declared restrictions, strikes and Bandhs, etc. We shall not be liable for any other kind of loss.
Things to Carry
- Photo Identity proof
- Final Vaccination Certificate – mandatory
- A bottle of water
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc
- Towel/ Pancha and napkin
- Jacket/ Sweater, Extra clothes
- Scarf, Cap, Sunglasses, Camera, etc (optional) .
- Medicine those if u require usually
- Floaters and good shoes.
- Face Mask and hand sanitizer enough for entire days of the event.
- A Rucksack or Daysack to put in all the things to be carried
Do not wear gold or carry valuable ornaments.