|Activities:||Road Trip and Winter Trek|
|Duration:||6 Days/ 5 Nights|
|Batches:||26th – 31st December 2023|
Barot Valley is a marvellous winter destination. Deep in the valley of the river Uhl, Barot situated in the Nagru Wildlife Sanctuary. The forest of deodar, oak, blue pine, and spruce tress densely covers the slopes of the valley. The astonishing view of tiny hamlets located alongside babbling mountains streams and terraced fields is spellbound. Nargu Wildlife Sanctuary which lies across the Uhl, inhabits wildlife like the Monal, Black bear and Ghoral. Moreover scenic nature, there are many famous trekking trails like Bada Bhangal pass through Barot valley.
Another major attraction is paragliding at Bir. It is known as the best paragliding site in India. Along the adventurous paragliding the place offers hiking trails, waterfalls, and pleasant blissful landscapes.
Now emerged as famous tourist location, Barot valley was primarily developed for Sannan Hydro Power project during British rule in 1920. The road route traverses along terraced fields and thick cedar forests, rising to Jhatingri at the hilltop. The remains of the summer palace of the former rulers of Mandi are located here.
Easy to access the Barot is truly trekkers paradise.
- An exemplary location to visit in winter.
- The best paragliding site in India.
- A winter trek in the Barot valley
- Visit stunning high alititude Prasahar lake.
- Enjoy winter in Manali
Reach at Bir Village. Check in and get freshen up. After breakfast you can go for Paragliding at Billing (cost needs to be borne by individual) Overnight stay in Bir.
Today we will do Bir to Barot Village trek. After breakfast a vehicle will drop you at the starting point. The trek is around 8 hours. Overnight stay in Rajgundha.
Its third day of the tour and we will visit Parashar lake. Around 5 hours road journey through picturesque Barot valley will lead to Prashar Lake. After a short hike to top stunning Prashar lake is visible. Visit the holy temple and explore the surroundings. Stay at Guest House/ Homestay.
After breakfast leave for Manali. After 5 hours journey, we will reach to our stay. Room allotments, freshen up. Rest for a while after lunch. Today we will visit beautiful Jogini waterfall. Around 1½ hour trek through forest take you to the waterfall. Overnight stay at Burwa (5 km from Manali)
Today is your day for Manali Local Sight Seeing. You can visit famous Hidimba temple, explore surrounding pine forest. Do shopping at mall road and enjoy the winter of Manali. Even you can visit Sisu, travelling through Atal tunnel. Overnight stay at Burwa.
- Travelling from Bir to Manali as per itinerary by non-Ac vehicle.
- Stay in Guest house/ homestays on triple sharing basis.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch (except stay at Manali), Evening Tea (except stay at Manali), and Dinner
- Guide for Barot valley trek.
- Entry Tickets, parking, tolls charges.
- Co-coordinator throughout the tour.
- Personal expenses of any kind viz. bottled water, cold drinks, laundry, tips, extra meals ordered, etc.
- Manali sightseeing.
- Travelling from and to home town.
- Any food/ meals during traveling.
- Lunch & evening tea while stay at Manali.
- Last day lunch and dinner.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Camera/ Video charges, Guide, etc.
- Any additional Expenses/ cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay caused by a reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Landslides, Floods, etc.), any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, evacuation costs, flight cancellation, etc.
- Refund of any kind for unutilised tour plan services.
- Any other tax or service charge, stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be extra and need to be borne by Participants.
- Any service not specifically mentioned in the Inclusions.
- Travelling tips:
To reach Bir on 26th morning, you need to start your travel on 24th by train to Delhi. There are many trains available. Most suitable is Rajdhani.
You will reach Delhi on 25th Dec and board a bus for Bir in evening & overnight journey to Bir.
Return journey – book your tickets for 1st Jan 2024 from Delhi. You can board bus on 31st Dec evening & reach Delhi at next morning.
- Keeping in mind the road condition of the hilly region, sometimes the guests need to start early for the departure transfer. In some cases the vehicle has to take diversions which might take longer to reach the departure point. Also any difference in cost has to be paid arising due to mishaps, natural calamities like – landslides, road blockage, etc. In such cases extra will have to be paid on the spot by the guest directly.
- All travelers are advised to purchase travel insurance that provides care and services for sickness, Accidents, emergency rescue, etc. We shall not be responsible for the loss of personal assets and belongings of the travelers due to unavoidable reasons or mishaps.
- Visits, Activities and their order are subject to change for backpacking trip based on the discretion of Wandering Explorers.
- Even though participants do not need to submit any health certificates, those with a history of medical problems, particularly cardiac or respiratory, should consult a doctor before deciding to undertake the trip.
- Carry appropriate substitution drugs for individuals allergic to any of above.
- Any customisation in arrival and departures may lead to additional cost.
- All sightseeing is subject to weather conditions.
- Customisation would not be adjusted with any inclusions such as missed sightseeing, stay, meals etc.
- Due to delay by participants any missed out destination/s shall not be covered.
- If any of the points remains closed without prior intimation, we will try to cover it up with another destination if feasible.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
If for some reason you wish to cancel your trek/ event then an email intimation needs to be sent to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Cancellation requests are not taken over phone, however you can call to check whether your cancellation has been processed.
- In case if participant cancelled booking before 31 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will get a refund of 75%.
- In case if participant cancelled booking between 30 to 21 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will get a refund of 50%.
- In case if a participant is unable to join a trek/event at last moment or cancelled booking in less than 21 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will not get any refund.
- No Refund or Compensation for any changes on the ongoing event.
- No Refund of any kind for unutilised tour plan services.
- A refund will be given after 15 days of completion of the trek /event.
- We owns (or reserve) the right to apply cancellation charges; if the trek/ event cancelled before leaving for the trek/ event by any reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Heavy Rains, Storms, Landslides, Floods, and Pandemic, etc.) or any unforeseen incidents like road accidents, public transport cancellation/ failure, Government declared restrictions, strikes and Bandhs, etc. We shall not be liable for any other kind of loss.