|Region:||Manali (Himachal Pradesh)|
|Duration:||6 Nights/ 7 Days|
|Cost:||₹ 13,500/- (Manali to Manali all inclusive) + Insurance Fees|
|Batches:||25th Jun – 1st Jul 2023|
The beauty of the Himalayan region of North India can truly hold you spellbound. No number of visits can seem to be enough to take in the wonders of the natural world that await you at each turn. One such unmissable marvel is the Hampta Pass.
Situated in the Kullu region, the Hampta Pass offers unmatched views of the Himalayan belt. The Hampta Pass Trek begins in the verdant Kullu valley and culminates in the dry, cold desert valley of Spiti. The journey itself takes you through marvellous landscapes of maple and birch forests, verdant meadows, and milky mountain streams as you make your way towards Spiti Valley.
The Hampta Pass Trek is a journey through the magnificent Pir Panjal range in Himachal Pradesh. Witness the beauty of the Himalayas as Mother Nature unveils her most precious gems with every leg of your journey. Bright green meadows in sharp contrast to the surrounding snowy while mountain peaks will surely take your breath away. The icing on the cake is undoubtedly the rugged drive to Chandratal Lake which with its sapphire-coloured waters is often hailed as one of the most beautiful lakes in the world.
Come join Wandering Explorers on a trek that will truly thrill the adventurer in you. Visit Hampta valley on an exciting trek that is suitable for beginners and experienced trekkers alike. Conquer the Himalayan belt on foot and treat your eyes and mind to the awe-inspiring beauty of nature like never before.
- Drive to one of the world’s most beautiful lakes, Chandratal Lake
- Trek through lush oak, maple, and birch forests
- Camp in mesmeric Chika valley
- Witness the sharp contrast of lush Kullu valley and the dry Spiti valley
Meeting point – Manali, 08:00 am
Drive Manali to Burwa village, our ultimate Stay – Feel like a home – (4 Km. from Manali)
Once we reach guest house at Buruwa, rooms will be allotted. Then get fresh and finish delicious breakfast.
After that Introduction round and brief session regarding Mountain Do’s and Don’t’s
Later lunch and Rest for a while. Then will go for acclimatization trek to nearby Jogini Water Fall, beautiful place to explore.
High Tea and Snacks in the evening. Group Discussions along Hot Soup before dinner.
Dinner and Lights off
Wake up early and get refreshed with morning Tea and Breakast.
First day of the Hampta Pass trek so prepare yourself and pack your backpack. After lunch drive for an hour to Jobri then cross a small rivulet and trek begins from here. Later will wade through pine forest then crossing small rivulet we come across verdant meadows. Today experience slight altitude gain till Chika (10250 ft). Campsite located besides a stream, from here enjoy beautiful site of waterfall.
Later in evening Hot Soup and free time for Group Games.
Group Discussions along hot Soup.
Dinner and for prepare for next day.
Today we head to Balu ka ghera (altitude 11,900 ft) our next camp. Along the streams trail passes then gradually ascends across Jwara meadows. Wading through valleys, passing by cliffs and narrow trails finally we arrive at camp. Campsite indeed surrounded with enchanting valley and one gets the first glimpse Hampta pass from the camp.
Later evening Hot Soup and group Discussions
Dinner and lights off.
Wake up early and get ready for the high point of the trek.
Fairly gradual initial trail later becomes bit steep as we approach near to Hampta Pass (altitude 14,200 ft). Splendid landscape with rocks all over the place and not to mention mountain peaks covered in snow awaits you at pass. Furthermore mighty Indrasan and other famous peaks visible from here. Capture the moments of accomplishments with lots of pictures. Usually windy and cold conditions prevails at Hampta Pass, so leave the place after some time.
Further descend down steep trail around two hours into the Lahaul valley. Later the trail leads to plain field, turns it easier to trek. Once we reach the campsite at, relax for a while and settle down. Shea goru (altitude 12,900 ft), the most scenic place to sooth all the exertion done so far.
Evening discussion while enjoying hot soup.
Later Dinner and lights off.
After breakfast start trek towards Chatru (altitude 11,000 ft). Cold streams from nearby glaciers flows through moraine ground to the valley. Initial descend make an easy trail which later turns to bit hard as traverse get steep. Ultimately we reach fabulous Chandra river valley.
Evening discussion while enjoying hot soup.
Later Dinner and lights off.
Last day of the trek arrives. The road leads to Chandra Tal (altitude 13,940 ft), a marvelous lake, located at the border between Spiti and Lahaul. As name indeed, Chandra Tal lake is crescent shaped with crystal clear water. Sight of Chandra Tal is an awesome experience and spend some memorable time over there. Back to camp for lunch. Later head back to Burwa. After reaching to guest house, go to allotted rooms and rest.
After Morning Tea and Breakfast will go for feedback session and Vote of Thanks.
Later may leave from Burwa to Manali and from there can take buses to Chandigadh or Delhi.
Treks ends here with lots of pleasant memories.
- Manali to Manali Transfers
- Accommodation in Guest House and camping in Tents as per itinerary – Quadruple sharing basis (Girls and Boys Separate Accommodation)
- Breakfast, Lunch, Evening high Tea & snacks, Soup, Dinner for Day 1 to 6 Breakfast on the 7th day.
- Well experienced and qualified local trek leader and the support staff.
- Camping Tents, Mats, Sleeping Bags
- First Aid
- Lunch and Dinner on 7th Day.
- Any kind of Personal expenses viz. packaged water bottles, Soft drinks, Laundry, etc.
- Any kind of insurance.
- Porterage to carry personal backpack (offloading charges)
- Tips, Local Sightseeing and anything which is not specifically mentioned in the cost inclusions.
- If participants do not want to continue Trek once arrived OR participant is not physically fit and want to stay back then participant shall bear all the cost of stay and food.
- Any additional Expenses/ cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay caused by reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Landslides, Floods etc.), any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, evacuation costs, flight cancellation, etc.
- Participants who return in the middle of trek for any kind of reason whatsoever once we leave for the same from base camp, shall bear all the cost including transportation, stay, food etc.
- Any kind of refund for unutilised tour/ trek plan services.
- Any other tax or service charge, stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be extra and need to be borne by Participants.
- Any service not specifically mentioned in the Includes sections.
- All travelers are advised to purchase travel insurance that provide care and services for sickness, Accidents, emergency rescue, etc. We shall not be responsible for the loss of personal assets and belongings of the travelers due to unavoidable reason or mishap.
- If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/ unforeseen circumstances (like rains/ earthquake/ landslides/ strike/ bandh, etc) we are not responsible and shall not give any refund.
- Drop out during trek:
If for some reason a participant drop out from the trek on any day then will make arrangements for his/ her return up to Manali. A staff will accompany the participant to the Manali. Manali transportation and stay cost at any location including Manali has to be borne by the participant only.
- Carry appropriate substitution drugs for individuals allergic to any of above
- Avoid medication such as sleeping tablets, sedatives, strong painkillers, and anti histamines which depress the respiration and increase the risk of (AMS – Active Mountain Sickness) especially while sleeping
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
If for some reason you wish to cancel your trek/ event then an email intimation needs to be sent to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Cancellation requests are not taken over phone, however you can phone to check whether your cancellation has been processed.
Refund will be of Trek Charges only, Insurance fees will not be refund under any circumstances.
- Insurance charges are non refundable.
- In case if participant cancelled booking before 31 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will get a refund of 75%.
- In case if participant cancelled booking between 30 to 21 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will get a refund of 50%.
- In case if a participant is unable to join a trek/event at last moment or cancelled booking in less than 21 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will not get any refund.
- No Refund or Compensation for any changes on the ongoing event.
- No Refund of any kind for unutilised tour plan services.
- A refund will be given after 15 days of completion of the trek /event.
- We owns (or reserve) the right to apply cancellation charges; if the trek/ event cancelled before leaving for the trek/ event by any reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Heavy Rains, Storms, Landslides, Floods, and Pandemic, etc.) or any unforeseen incidents like road accidents, public transport cancellation/ failure, Government declared restrictions, strikes and Bandhs, etc. We shall not be liable for any other kind of loss.
Things to Carry
- A strongly built Backpack (50 to 60 lit) with good support and Rain cover.
- A daypack around 30 lit with rain cover to carry things.
- Sturdy Trekking Shoes with good support and grip suitable for Himalayan trek.
- Quick dry Trek Pants & T-shirts (preferably full sleeves) at least 3 each
- Fleece Jacket suitable for Himalayan trek
- Down feather jacket suitable for Himalayan trek.
- Thermals – vest and lower.
- Beanie/ woollen Monkey cap
- Buffs – 2
- Extra clothes for stay at Manali.
- Sun cap
- Two water Bottles (1 lit. each)
- Hiking/ walking Pole optional
- Sun protection cream suitable for high altitude trek
- Cold Cream and Lip balm
- Sunglasses suitable for high altitude trek
- Slippers/ floaters
- Pair of Woolen Gloves
- Woolen socks 1 pair and trekking socks 3 – 5 pairs
- Head Lamp with extra set of batteries.
- Dry fruits, Dates, ready to eat snacks, Enerzal/ Glucon D/ Electral and chocolate bars/ energy bars, etc.
- Pancha/ quick dry towel
- Personal Toiletry Items (toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper, soap, sanitizer, etc.)
- Medicines those you require usually, with your doctor’s consultation.
- Candid powder, Volini spray, Crepe bandage, Band Aids, Cotton, Bandage, etc. as a personal first Aid kit
- Carry Personal Medicines with consultation of your doctor.
Please carry the documents given below
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voters ID, etc.)
- Medical Certificate (First part should be filled by the Doctor and Second part by the Trekker) – Medical Certificate Download Link
- Declaration Form – Waiver of Liability (Mandatory) – Declaration Form Download Link