|Base Village:||Sankri (State – Uttarakhand)|
|Temperature:||Day 5°C to 10° C and Night -5°C to -10°C|
|Highest Altitude:||12,500 feet|
|Grade:||Moderate to Difficult|
|Duration:||6 Days/ 5 Nights|
|Cost:||₹ 10,499/- trek fees + insurance fees|
|Batches:||18th – 23rd Feb, 2024|
If your idea of the perfect getaway is heading on trekking tours, Kedarkantha promises to be one of the best vacations for you. Come experience the thrill of the climb as you reach a summit to a breath-taking view of the Himalayan range! Dense pine forests, snow-covered landscapes, and deep orange sunsets are just some of the marvellous sights that await you on the Kedarkantha trail.
Perfect for first-time trekkers and seasoned ones too, Kedarkantha is truly an experience of a lifetime. The mountain range itself stands at a height of 12,500 ft. and is situated in Govind National Park, Uttarakhand. Experience the thrill of outdoor camping, as you pitch a tent underneath the starry skies and witness the calm and peace of a night in the mighty Himalayas. Your heart will be warm with a zest of adventure even as the temperatures drop on your way to the top!
This year, join Wandering Explorers on a thrilling climb like never before! Catch the awe-inspiring views of Swargarohini, Bandarpunch, and Gangotri…true wonders of the natural world. The adventurer in you will truly come alive as you make your way ahead on this rewarding summit trek in the Himalayas.
- Trek across the snowy trails of the mighty Himalayas
- Visit the famed Juda ka Talab, a high altitude lake of immense beauty
- Experience the magic of hiking and camping in the Himalayas
- Enjoy a drive to Sankri via picturesque Mussoorie
Pickup from Dehradun Railway Station and Drive to Sankri (base camp) by private vehicle. (210 km, 8 - 9 Hours)
Welcome to the capital of Uttarakhand, our coordinator will greet you at pickup point – Dehradun Railway station. We will leave for Sankri around 6 - 7 am.
Enjoy your ride via “Queen of Hills” the Mussoorie, a famous travel destination. Breakfast enroute. Halt at Kempty falls to relax and get the glimpse of Himalayan beauty. Ahead the peaks start appearing and late you can witness the Yamuna River. After crossing check post ahead of Mori, you will soon reach trekkers paradise the Sankri (altitude 1920 m)
Check in and get fresh.
A briefing session before you leave for an evening stroll, be sure to come back for dinner in time.
Stay at Guest House.
Trek distance: 5 km, Duration: 4 - 5 hours
First day in the mountains, so wake up early to enjoy a heartwarming morning. Relish the hot cup of coffee/tea at 6:00 am and get ready for your breakfast at 7:30 am. We will leave at 8:30 am sharp after the instructions of our guide.
Today’s destination is Juda ka Talab. After a while as trek begins get the first sight of Swargarohini peaks.
Soon you will come across Saur village, with typically built wooden homes. Further, the forest becomes more beautiful. The cascading waterfalls, meadows and pine forests cast a spell.
Juda Ka Talab at an altitude of 2700 m, is a favorite of many trekkers. The lake is located amidst forest with crystal clear water that reflects the surroundings. Camp amid pine trees and enjoy the night there.
Have evening tea/coffee with snacks later explore the area.
After Dinner rest for the night.
Trek distance: 3.5 Km, Duration: 2 - 3 hours
Wake up and peep out of your tents to see if there is snow or the sun is shining. It’s almost uncertain here. Day before the green meadow turns white because of snowfall. A heartwarming reality to watch it, indeed!
Enjoy breakfast at 7:30 am and leave at 8:30 – 9:00 am. It's the second day and we will be heading towards Kedarkantha base.
The distance is short and can easily be reached.
Start the trek, cross an ascent, move through the dense forest and suddenly an open meadow will welcome you. Halt there and enjoy great views of the Himalayas.
Move further through pine forest and reach your campsite (Altitude 3200 m) from where the Kedarkantha peak shines tall and relish the great views! Afterwards enjoy a hot lunch.
Rest for a while and get ready to explore around. Enjoy the evening and sunset.
Trek from Kedarkantha base camp to Kedarkantha Summit (12,500 feet) and descent to Hargaon Thach (9 km, 6 - 7 Hours Trek)
Third day of trek, get prepared for the summit at 3:00 am in the wee hours to witness sunrise from Kedarkantha summit. Light breakfast will be served and then the trek starts. It is important to use headlamps.
Trekking in the dark is really fun but only with professional guides. Soon you will reach just below the Kedarkantha summit.
The ascent to top is 1.5 km long but the efforts will be worth it. Move ahead with everyone and the soft sunrays will fill your heart with joy. When the sun is about to rise, reach the top (12,500 ft) and capture awestruck moments of your life.
There is the temple of Lord Shiva and Ganesha. Enjoy the panorama sight of stunning Himalayan peaks. Spend good time with your group for an hour.
The descent is going to be fun, slide down with the help of your guides. This will be your best experience.
Have lunch at the camp. Rest for some time and move towards the next campsite. Hargaon (altitude 8,677 ft) is a beautiful wide meadow, spend your time here and retire for the night.
Trek distance: 5.5 km, Duration: 4 - 5 hours
Today morning enjoy breakfast at your last camp of the trek. Start trekking and while descending from Hargaon to Sankri you will come across many viewpoints and ahead reach the apple orchards.
After it reaches base camp Sankri and today your stay will be at the hotel. You can also buy some local food from here and take uncountable memories with you. Enjoying beautiful life here
- Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and back to Dehradun
- Forest Permit and Entrance fees
- Trek Insurance amount to be paid apart from trek fees (Trek Insurance amount shall be non refundable and non transferable at any circumstances)
- Accommodation in Guest House at Sankri (triple sharing)
- Accommodation in tents (triple sharing)
- All meals (Veg/ Egg only), Dinner at Day 1 to Breakfast at Day 6.
- Camping tents, Mattress, Sleeping bags, Toilet tents, Shoe chain grip (if required)
- Porters, Helpers, Kitchen team and Pack animals to carry central luggage.
- Experience Trek Leader and Technical guide.
- First Aid.
- Travelling from Home town to Dehradun and back.
- Airport/ Railway Station pickup and drop.
- Stay at Dehradun
- Any kind of Personal expenses viz. packaged water bottles, Soft drinks, Laundry, etc.
- Meals while travelling to Sankri and back.
- Porterage to carry personal backpack (offloading charges)
- Tips, Local Sightseeing and anything which is not specifically mentioned in the cost inclusions.
- If participants do not want to continue Trek once arrived OR participant is not physically fit and want to stay in Hotel then participant shall bear all the cost of stay and food.
- Any additional Expenses/ cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay caused by reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Landslides, Floods etc.), any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, evacuation costs, flight cancellation, etc.
- Participants who return in the middle of trek for any kind of reason whatsoever once we leave for the same from base camp, shall bear all the cost including transportation, stay, food etc.
- Any kind of refund for unutilised tour plan services.
- Any other tax or service charge, stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be extra and need to be borne by Participants.
- Any service not specifically mentioned in the Includes sections.
- All travelers are advised to purchase travel insurance that provides care and services for sickness, Accidents, emergency rescue, etc. We shall not be responsible for the loss of personal assets and belongings of the travelers due to unavoidable reasons or mishaps.
- Carry appropriate substitution medicines for individuals allergic to any of above
- Avoid medication such as sleeping tablets, sedatives, strong painkillers, and antihistamines which depress the respiration and increase the risk of (AMS – Active Mountain Sickness) especially while sleeping
- Offloading charges shall be paid in cash before start of the trek. Offloading charges will be non refundable and non transferable at any circumstances.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
If for some reason you wish to cancel your trek/ event then an email intimation needs to be sent to “email@example.com”. Cancellation requests are not taken over phone, however you can phone to check whether your cancellation has been processed.
- In case if participant cancelled booking before 31 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will get a refund of 75%.
- In case if participant cancelled booking between 30 to 21 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will get a refund of 50%.
- In case if a participant is unable to join a trek/event at last movement or cancelled booking in less than 21 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will not get any refund.
- No Refund or Compensation for any changes on the ongoing event.
- No Refund of any kind for unutilised tour plan services.
- A refund will be given after 15 days of completion of the trek /event.
- We owns (or reserve) the right to apply cancellation charges; if the trek/ event cancelled before leaving for the trek/ event by any reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Heavy Rains, Storms, Landslides, Floods, and Pandemic, etc.) or any unforeseen incidents like road accidents, public transport cancellation/ failure, Government declared restrictions, strikes and Bandhs, etc. We shall not be liable for any other kind of loss.
Things to Carry:
- A strongly built Backpack (50 to 60 liters) with good support and Rain cover.
- A 30 lit day pack to keep things handy.
- Sturdy Trekking Shoes with good support and grip suitable for winter trek
- The Clothes You Should Bring On a Trek
- Trek Pants – 2
- Double layer fleece trek pant suitable for winter trek – 1
- Fleece Jacket suitable for winter trek
- Down feather jacket suitable for – 20 degree C.
- Thermals – vest and lower.
- Trekking T- Shirts 3 to 4 (Quick dry T-shirts preferably full sleeves)
- Beanie/ monkey cap and Balaclava
- Buffs – 2
- Sun cap
- Thermal bottle preferably Milton 1 lit and a Water Bottle 1 lit.
- Lunch/ Tiffin box, bowl and spoon
- Hiking Pole
- Sun protection cream suitable for high altitude trek
- Cold Cream and Lip balm
- Sunglasses suitable for high altitude trek
- Slippers/ floaters
- Pair of each – Woolen Gloves and Waterproof Gloves
- Woolen socks 1 pair and trekking socks 5 pairs
- Head Lamp with extra set of batteries.
- Dry fruits, Dates, ready to eat snacks, Enerzal/ Glucon D and chocolate bars/ energy bars.
- Face Masks and hand sanitizer in enough quantities for entire days of the event.
- Pancha/ quick dry towel
- Personal Toiletry Items (toothpaste, toothbrush, toilet paper, soap, etc.)
- Medicines those you require usually, with your doctor’s consultation.
- Candid powder, Crepe bandage, Band Aids, Cotton, Bandage, etc. as a personal first Aid kit
- Carry Personal Medical Kit with consultation of your doctor.
- How to reach Dehradun?
By Train –
Book any train to Delhi that reaches around 16:00.The most convenient train is Kota DDN Spl 12401
Nizamuddin departure at 23:35. Dehradun arrival at 05:45
By Air –
Jolly Grant airport is the nearest airport in Dehradun. Located about 27 km for the Dehradun city. There are flights available from all states to Dehradun, you can go online and book your tickets. These are easy and easy ways for you and you also save your time, Taxis are available from the airport to Dehradun.
- ATM POINT
Before starting the journey to Kedarkantha, make sure that you may need cash on the way, there is no bank and ATM at Sakari Base Camp, so it is necessary for you to withdraw cash before you reach there. Purola market is the last place where you can withdraw cash from an ATM. Therefore it is better to withdraw money at Dehradun only.
The phone does not work well on it. Therefore, you should ensure that you do not have to make any important calls. Only BSNL and other sims work in Base Camp, Remember, these networks also sometimes do not work. Because the signal strength is not good. So make sure you finish all your important work and calls before starting the trek. Last Purola your device will receive good networks.