- Activities: Sikkim Backpacking Tour, Photography
- Duration: 8 Days/ 7 Nights
- Cost: ₹ 26,500/-
- Batch: 6th – 13th November 2022
Beautiful monasteries framed by snowy mountain peaks against the backdrop of a clear blue sky…this frame perfectly encapsulates the magnificence of Sikkim. Situated in northeast India, Sikkim is one of the most sought-after tourist destinations in the country. And, it is easy to see why the beauty of Sikkim is truly one of a kind.
This 2021, join Wandering Explorers on a journey into the heart of Sikkim. Come witness first-hand the beauty of this state that forms part of the eastern Himalayas. Whether you seek adventure through trekking in the mountains, a quieter laidback experience, or even a bit of both, a Sikkim tour has something for everyone.
Some of the most noteworthy tourist attractions you will visit on your tour to Sikkim include the serene glacial Gurudongmar lake and Tsomgo Lake, the quaint and pretty village of Lachung, the famous Buddha Park of Ravangla, NathuLa pass at the Indo China border, and the mighty Kanchenjunga Falls at Pelling.
The capital Gangtok too holds many wonderful sights for the discerning tourist. A Gangtok sightseeing tour will take you across many unmissable sights in and around the city including Ganesh Tok and Rumtek Monastery. You can also satisfy all your culinary cravings with some delicious Thukpa and steaming hot momos served the authentic way!
From snowy mountain peaks to lush beds of alpine flowers and frozen lakes, Sikkim will hold you spellbound long after your return home. The warm hospitality and mouth-watering cuisines will surely beckon you for a second visit.
- Visit to NathuLa pass, Indo China border (subject to issuance of permit and permissions)
- Trip to North Sikkim covering Yumthang Valley and Gurudongmar Lake. The region known for picturesque alpine flowers including primula and rhododendron and also glacial lakes.
- Scenic drive from Gangtok to Pelling via Ravangla for a view of the magnificent Eastern Himalayan belt
- Sightseeing excursion in Pelling and visit to Pemayangtse Monastery which is one of Sikkim’s oldest monasteries
Arrival - Guest will be received at Bagdogra Airport (IXB) / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) – Our co-ordinator will assist you for the forwarding journey to Gangtok (altitude 5,410 ft). A perfect destination for tourist in search of enchantment, tranquility, trekking or any other adventure. Land of monastery, mystic rituals / festivals at an elevation around 5,000 feet is the most often visited spot of India for its rare Orchids and Butterflies. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
After breakfast leave for LACHUNG (altitude 8,900 ft). In the spring end to summer months Rhododendrons, Primula and many other Alpine flowers are in full bloom. In the winter months you can play in the snow or even walk over frozen rivers. The unspoilt beauty of the area will take breath away. Enroute see the beautiful Twin Waterfalls and Bhim Nala Waterfalls. Arrive Lachung at Late afternoon in the evening & transfer to hotel. Night stay in Lachung.
Later come back to the hotel, had lunch and then drive to Lachen (altitude 8,500 ft). Night Stay at Lachen
Our next stop is Gurudongmar Lake, one of the most beautiful, pristine lakes in Sikkim. Gurudongmar lake sits in close proximity to the Tibetan and Chinese border in the north. Nested amidst the mountains at 17,800 ft, the freezing alpine lake is amongst the major sources of the river Teesta. Later come back to the hotel, had lunch and then drive to Gangtok. Night Stay at Gangtok.
After breakfast, we go on an excursion trip to Tsomgo Lake/Changu Lake (altitude 12,300 ft) on the way to Nathula pass (altitude 14,150 ft). The tranquil water of this beautiful lake harmonises with the picturesque scenery around. We shall also visit Baba Mandir, built in the honor of an Indian Army soldier, Captain ‘Baba’ Harbhajan Singh. Later, we drive back to our hotel. Since Nathula Pass is a Restricted Area, any time Army Can seal for Security reasons. In such a case the Tour will only be till Tshangu Lake. Overnight stay in a Hotel in Gangtok.
After breakfast, drive to Ravangla or Rawangla or Ravongla is a small tourist town situated at an elevation of 8000 ft in South Sikkim district of the Indian state of Sikkim. It is connected by state highway to other major towns in the state and lies between Pelling and Gangtok.We shall visit The Buddha Park of Ravangla, also known as Tathagata Tsal, is situated near Ravangla in South Sikkim district of the Indian state of Sikkim. We head towards West Sikkim and drive to the idyllic town of Pelling. One can enjoy the spectacular Eastern Himalayan Range from Pelling. Overnight stay at Pelling.
After breakfast, we go for a full day sightseeing excursion of Pelling wherein we shall visit Pemayangtse Monastery (one of the oldest and most famous monasteries of the region). We shall also visit the Khecheopalri Lake is a sacred Lake, which is believed to be a wish fulfilling lake. The Chenrezig statue, The picturesque little town of Pelling in West Sikkim has a 98ft statue of Chenrezig, one of the three Buddhist deities. Enroute, we shall visit the Rimbi Falls and Kanchenjunga falls, two magnificent perennial waterfalls that are a must see place for tourists. Overnight stay in Pelling
After breakfast, drive to New Jalpaiguri Rly station/ Bagdogra Airport for your onward journey with memories of a lifetime!
- Accommodation in Home-stays or Guest House (Twin/ Tripple sharing)
- Pick up and drop to Bagdogra airport/ NJP
- Transport with reserve non ac vehicle (Point to point as per tour itinerary)
- Dinner on day 1. All meals on Day 2 to 4. Breakfast and Dinner on Day 5 to 7. Breakfast on Day 8.
- Visit to Nathu La Pass and Gurudongmar lake is subject to To Road Condition and Availability of Permits.
- Co-coordinator throughout the tour.
- Personal expenses of any kind viz. bottled water, cold drinks, laundry, tips, extra meals ordered, etc.
- Permits and transportation to Kala Patthar and Zero Point.
- Travelling from and to home town.
- Any food/ meals during traveling Bagdogra airport/ NJP to Gangtok and from Peling to Bagdogra airport/ NJP.
- Breakfast and Lunch on Day 1 Lunch on Day 5 to 7. Lunch and Dinner on Day 8.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Camera/ Video charges, Guide, etc.
- Any additional Expenses/ cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay caused by a reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Landslides, Floods, etc.), any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, evacuation costs, flight cancellation, etc.
- Refund of any kind for unutilised tour plan services.
- Any other tax or service charge, stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be extra and need to be borne by Participants.
- Any service not specifically mentioned in the Inclusions.
- Keeping in mind the road condition of the hilly region, sometimes the guests need to start early for the departure transfer. In some cases the vehicle has to take diversions which might take longer to reach the departure point. Also any difference in cost has to be paid arising due to mishaps, natural calamities like – landslides, road blockage, etc. In such cases extra will have to be paid on the spot by the guest directly.
- Gangtok – Nathula Pass Indo China Border 14,140 ft (Prior Information Required) The visit to Nathula pass as it is Subject To Road Condition and Availability of Permits. Since there are limited no of Natuula permits with the Government of Sikkim. We do not give 100% assurance that the permit will be issued even after applying with your name and id proof. We will update permit status 48 hours of prior the tour.
Nathula Visit Is Not Advisable To Guests Having Problem With Blood Pressure, Knee & Heart.
Since Nathula Is A Restricted Area, Any Time Army Can Seal For Security Reasons. In Such A Case Tour Will Only Be Till Tshangu Lake And No Refund Will Be Allowed For Unutilized Services.
As per directive from Sikkim Tourism, a trip to Nathula would be clubbing (sharing) before 4 kms. On the way to reach, irrespective of the fact of exclusive or sharing journey from Gangtok.
- Visit to Nathu La Pass and Gurudongmar lake is subject to Road Condition and Availability of Permits.
- Participants willing to visit to Zero Point and Kala Patthar has to bear additional cost. The visit to these places also subject To Road Condition and Availability of Permits.
- TRAVEL CARD IS MANDATORY FOR PLANNING TO VISIT SIKKIM.
Please visit https://www.sikkimtourism.gov.in
- All travelers are advised to purchase travel insurance that provides care and services for sickness, Accidents, emergency rescue, etc. We shall not be responsible for the loss of personal assets and belongings of the travelers due to unavoidable reasons or mishaps.
- This is a Backpacking version of trip. Please do not mistook it for a leisure tour/ trip.
- Visits, Activities and their order are subject to change for backpacking trip based on the discretion of Wandering Explorers.
- Even though participants do not need to submit any health certificates, those with a history of medical problems, particularly cardiac or respiratory, should consult a doctor before deciding to undertake the trip.
- Carry appropriate substitution drugs for individuals allergic to any of above
- Avoid medication such as sleeping tablets, sedatives, strong painkillers, and antihistamines which depress the respiration and increase the risk of (AMS – Active Mountain Sickness) especially while sleeping
- Any customisation in arrival and departures may lead to additional cost.
- All sightseeing is subject to weather conditions.
- Customisation would not be adjusted with any inclusions such as missed sightseeing, stay, meals etc.
- Due to delay by participants any missed out destination/s shall not be covered.
- If any of the points remains closed without prior intimation, we will try to cover it up with another destination if feasible.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
If for some reason you wish to cancel your trek/ event then an email intimation needs to be sent to “email@example.com”. Cancellation requests are not taken over phone, however you can phone to check whether your cancellation has been processed.
- In case if participant cancelled booking before 31 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will get a refund of 75%.
- In case if participant cancelled booking between 30 to 21 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will get a refund of 50%.
- In case if a participant is unable to join a trek/event at last moment or cancelled booking in less than 21 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will not get any refund.
- No Refund or Compensation for any changes on the ongoing event.
- No Refund of any kind for unutilised tour plan services.
- A refund will be given after 15 days of completion of the trek /event.
- We owns (or reserve) the right to apply cancellation charges; if the trek/ event cancelled before leaving for the trek/ event by any reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Heavy Rains, Storms, Landslides, Floods, and Pandemic, etc.) or any unforeseen incidents like road accidents, public transport cancellation/ failure, Government declared restrictions, strikes and Bandhs, etc. We shall not be liable for any other kind of loss.
Things To Carry:
- Voters Identity card original with 2 photocopies and 02 copies of passport size photograph.
- Thermals (Top & Bottom)
- Snow Jacket & Fleece Jacket (suitable for high altitude like Guru Dongmar lake considering winter trip)
- Woolen gloves & Woolen Socks, Monkey cap/ woolen cap, Scarfs, Buffs
- Personal Clothing for the tour, handkerchief, socks, etc.
- Pancha/ Towel
- Windcheater/ Raincoat
- Water Bottle
- Torch, Power banks, Charger, etc.
- Toiletry kit (Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Soap, Shampoo, Face Wash, Hand Sanitiser, etc.)
- Sun protection & Cold Cream – Sunscreen, Lip balm, Sunglasses, Cap, etc.
- Face Mask and hand sanitizer enough for entire days of the event.
- Good Shoes & floaters
- Ready to eat snacks, Dry fruits, etc.
- Camera, Batteries and Memory cards – Optional
- A Backpack to keep all things and a Day bag.
- Medicines those you require usually, with your doctor’s consultation
- Do not wear gold or carry any kind of valuable ornaments