|Difficulty:||Easy to Moderate|
|Duration:||2 Days/ 1 Night|
|Batches:||27th – 28th May 2023|
Rajmachi is not only a good spot for trek but also a nice location to observe fireflies. It’s monsoon shortly and the season of another wonder of nature. The mating season for Fireflies and guess what light flashes is the language of love. A specific flash pattern emitted by the male to attract its mate. It’s delightful to watch these emitting light bugs glow in dark and observe their pattern.
Rajmachi fort was built in Satavahana reign and ruled by major dynasties of Vakataka, Kalchuri, Chalukya, Rashtrakuta & Yadvas. Its twin citadels Manranjan & Shrivardhan, strengthen further during Maratha rule. Its strategic position allows to guard & control an ancient trade route “Borghat”.
- Evening trek to Rajmachi, through forest; spotting fireflies.
- Stroll around at night to observe fireflies, try your hand on photography and videos.
- Explore Shrivardhan and Manaranjan forts
- Visit Kondhane caves excavate in first century B.C., while descending trek.
Meeting point: Hotel Annapurna, old Mumbai Puna highway, near Lonavla bus stand at 4 pm.
We will leave for Fanasrai by local Jeep around 4:15 pm.
Reach Fanasrai by 5 pm and start the trek amidst lush green forest (around 8 Kms Trek). The trail is easy with few normal ups and downs.
Its evening and soon the day light will deem and you may starts spotting few fireflies while going through wood. Reach base village freshen up.
After dinner we will go for a stroll around to observe fireflies. Click and record videos of little fairies flying around. Night at homestay.
Wake up call at 06:00 am and freshen up Trek to Explore the fort and surroundings. Back to base village and enjoy breakfast
Start descend towards Kondane caves around 10:00 am. Will reach Kondane caves after 3 hrs trek. Explore the caves, and head to village for lunch. After lunch proceed to Karjat station by local pickups.
Trek concludes with lots of memories.
- Traveling from Lonavala to Fanasrai and Kondivade village to Karjat by local transport.
- Saturday Evening Tea and Dinner (Veg/ Non-Veg)
- Sunday breakfast and lunch (Veg/ Non-Veg)
- Homestay (with multiple sharing)
- Insurance (please read the disclaimer)
- Entry fees
- First Aid
- Travelling to Lonavala and back to home.
- Personal expenses of any kind viz. packaged water bottles, Soft drinks, Laundry, etc.
- Tips, Local Sightseeing and anything which is not specifically mentioned in the cost inclusions.
- Any kind of refund for unutilised tour plan services.
- Additional Expenses/ cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay caused by reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Land Slides, Floods etc.), any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, evacuation costs, flight cancellation, etc.
- Any other tax or service charge, stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be extra and need to be borne by Participants.
- Any service not specifically mentioned in the INCLUSIONS.
- Catching or disturbing fireflies in any manner is strictly not allowed.
- Do not use camera or mobile flash while taking photographs or videos of fireflies.
- Do not use torch while watching fireflies.
- Do not make noise while we go for fireflies watch.
- One can use camera with slow shutter speed setting to photograph the Fireflies trail using a long exposure (without flash).
- It is a trek, do not expect city like amenities.
- The event planned according to previous experience, Fireflies sighting is a complete natural phenomenon.
- Any customisation in arrival and departures may lead to additional cost.
- Customisation would not be adjusted with any inclusions such as missed sightseeing, stay, meals etc.
- Insurance policy issued to individual’s name. You can check details on insurance company website.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
If for some reason you wish to cancel your trek/ event then an email intimation needs to be sent to “email@example.com”. Cancellation requests are not taken over phone, however you can phone to check whether your cancellation has been processed.
- In case if participant cancelled booking before 15 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will get a refund of 50% excluding insurance charges.
- In case if participant cancelled booking between 14 to 8 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will get a refund of 25% excluding insurance charges.
- In case if a participant is unable to join a trek/event at last moment or cancelled booking in less than 8 days in advance from the date of joining, then participant will not get any refund.
- No Refund or Compensation for any changes on the ongoing event.
- No Refund of any kind for unutilised tour plan services.
- A refund will be given after 15 days of completion of the trek /event.
- We owns (or reserve) the right to apply cancellation charges; if the trek/ event cancelled before leaving for the trek/ event by any reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Heavy Rains, Storms, Landslides, Floods, and Pandemic, etc.) or any unforeseen incidents like road accidents, public transport cancellation/ failure, Government declared restrictions, strikes and Bandhs, etc. We shall not be liable for any other kind of loss.
Things to Carry:
a) Photo ID card
b) Declaration form duly signed. (Mandatory – without this you will not allowed for the trek) Declaration Form Download Link
- Final Vaccination Certificate – mandatory hard copy or soft copy.
- Two water bottles, 1 lit each.
- Full length trek pant and quick dry T-shirt (preferably full sleeves)
- Poncho or raincoat.
- Trekking shoes with good grip and floaters/ flip-flops
- Torch with extra batteries
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits, etc.
- Towel/ Pancha and napkin
- Jacket/ Sweater, Extra clothes
- Scarf, Cap, Sunglasses, Camera, etc. (optional) .
- Medicine those if u require usually
- Toiletries, insect/ mosquito repelent.
- Power Banks
- Face Mask and hand sanitizer enough for entire days of the event.
- A Rucksack 30 – 40 lit.
- Do not wear gold or carry valuable ornaments.